It’s frustrating to chip or crack a tooth when you never saw it coming. You shouldn’t have to deal with the pain and stress of a broken tooth alone.
If you have a cracked tooth, relax and give us a call. We see patients going through similar situations all the time, and we can fix a wide range of problems with restorative dentistry.
We Have the Solution!
If you have a cracked tooth, we have a handful of effective solutions waiting for you. Dr. Dennis Coleman offers:
Dental Bonding: Bonding is tooth-colored and placed directly on a broken tooth. It only takes a few minutes in our office to restore your aesthetic and comfort.
Dental Fillings: Our safe dental fillings are another quick way to repair a chipped or cracked tooth.
Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers cover the surface of a broken tooth, restoring its natural appearance and lending it strength.
Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are a customized cap to rebuild the entire visible portion of your broken tooth. You will regain full bite force with your new dental crown.
Dental Implants: If a broken tooth or cracked tooth is severely damaged, it may be necessary to replace it with dental implants. Your natural-looking new tooth will protect you from deep, painful decay in the future.
Steps to Take
After you break or crack a tooth, there are a few steps you should take:
- Rinse the mouth gently with salt water. Save any pieces of the tooth you can find in a plastic bag of milk or saline solution.
- Use over-the-counter pain medication if the tooth is causing pain. When you come into our office, we will find a more permanent solution.
- Cover any sharp or jagged edges on the teeth with dental wax or sugarless gum.
- Avoid using the damaged tooth.
- Give our office a call and schedule an appointment to discuss restorative dentistry.
If you need relief from a chipped or broken tooth, contact our office for restorative dentistry right away.