Dental Implants & Tooth Implants in Davidson NC
Experience a Full, Beautiful Smile Again With Dental Implants from Dr. Coleman
If you’ve lost a tooth, you might be suffering from a number of dental complications. From difficulties with chewing and biting to lisps and slurs in your speech, missing teeth can be a real hindrance.
Fortunately, it’s a problem you’ll no longer have to worry about. With dental implants, you can enjoy excellent oral health and a full smile once again.
Dr. Dennis J. Coleman is proud to offer dental implants to patients from Davidson and the surrounding communities of Mooresville and Cornelius.
What is a Dental Implant?
Implant dentistry is a great option for patients who are missing teeth because it not only replaces the tooth crown but the root as well. Here’s how that works:
An implant starts with a post that acts as a replacement tooth root. This post is made from a medical-grade titanium alloy. The synthetic root is then placed into your jaw right where the natural root once was.
After this placement has happened, the titanium post goes through a process called osseointegration. This means that it will fuse directly with the jawbone. Through this fusion, dental implants provide the jaw with the support that it needs to stay healthy. It prevents bone deterioration, which in turn keeps your face looking full and healthy.
Once the implant root is completely integrated, a beautiful dental crown will then be attached. The crown is the biting portion of the tooth. We make them out of top-quality dental porcelain, which looks, feels, and functions just like your natural teeth. Replacing teeth that are damaged are missing a simple procedure that can be performed in as few as one or two office visits.
Dental Implants with 3D Digital Placement Technology from Dr. Coleman
At our practice, we utilize the most cutting edge technology in all of our implant procedures. From equipment that allows us to take 3D images of your jaw to the CAD software that helps us create a personalized template of your mouth, we make sure that your implant procedure is planned and perfected before it even begins. With this technology, our surgeries have fewer complications and lower risks. You’ll be in good hands with Dr. Coleman.
The Benefits of a Dental Implant
- Health | Dental implant placement is a restorative option that replaces both the tooth root and the crown. This provides needed support to the jawbone and decreases bone deterioration.
- Comfort | Your implant will be a natural part of your smile. It will look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth. You’ll be able to enjoy all of the activities you loved before your tooth loss, with no extra complications or maintenance.
- Durability | Dental implants are built to last. With proper care and maintenance, your implant can keep on working for decades to come.
- Beauty | Restored dental implants look just like natural teeth. The people around you won’t even be able to tell that you have an implant.
The Dental Implants Procedure
- Consultation | The first step in any dental implant surgery procedure is a consultation. In a consultation, you will meet with Dr. Coleman to discuss the specifics of your situation. You will be evaluated for teeth implant candidacy. Dr. Coleman will take x-rays of your teeth and map out a personalized treatment plan with you.
- Dental Implant Surgery | After you are established as a candidate for teeth implants, the next step is to place the implant. The implant is a rod that is placed in the jaw and fuses to the bone, replacing the missing tooth’s root. Our office offers sedation options to ensure that your procedure is completely comfortable.
- Recovery Time | Once the implant is placed, you will need some time for the rod to fuse to your jawbone and your mouth to heal. This time is important to the success of the dental implant. It allows the rod to become as strong as possible, which ensures that the teeth implants will last.
- Device Placement | When the rod has fully fused to the bone, you are ready for your tooth replacement. This process varies depending on the work needed. A single tooth replacement utilizes a connector between the implant in the jaw and the crown placed to fill the missing tooth. Each crown is customized to perfectly match the natural teeth surrounding it.
Multiple missing teeth in a row are replaced with a bridge of crowns. The number of implants placed varies based on the number of teeth missing. Then, crowns are fused together in a bridge and placed over the implants, which hold them in place.
Get Teeth Implants in Davidson, NC
To learn more about implant dentistry or to schedule an appointment, call us at our office today. We help patients all around Davidson, Cornelius, and Mooresville, NC with our dental implants!