What is a Dental Crown?
The crown of your natural tooth is the portion above the gums. It’s covered in enamel, which is a hard, durable substance. Unfortunately, even enamel can be worn away or broken, often through insufficient oral hygiene or some kind of accident.
When the crown becomes damaged or decayed, we can place a synthetic crown to restore your tooth to complete health. Dental crowns are made of high-quality porcelain that blends right in with your natural teeth. It will work, look, and feel like every other tooth in your mouth.
The Benefits of a Dental Crown
- A dental crown allows us to save teeth that would otherwise require extraction.
- Crowns are completely sealed, protecting your tooth from infection and temperature pain.
- After an infection, a dental crown will preserve your tooth roots. This keeps your gums and jawbone healthy.
- Our dental crowns are made with the finest quality porcelain and are made in the USA.
- Porcelain allows us to replicate your tooth’s natural color and luster. Your friends won’t even be able to tell that you’re wearing a dental crown.
- Each dental crown is handcrafted for every individual patient.
- Our crowns can be used in many different restorative dentistry procedures, including root canals.
Replace Your Lost Tooth with a Beautiful Dental Bridge from Dr. Coleman
A bridge is an appliance that is used to fill in a gap left by a missing tooth or teeth. To create a dental bridge, we start by attaching crowns to the adjacent teeth. These teeth serve as anchors for a connected crown or series of crowns which bridge the empty space.
Dental bridges are actually created using the same process as our top quality porcelain crowns. They are a great option if you’re missing teeth. With a bridge, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of a full, beautiful smile again.
Get Porcelain Dental Crowns and Bridges Near Huntersville
To find out more about porcelain crowns or bridges, give us a call at our office or message us using the contact form on this page. We serve patients all around Huntersville, Cornelius, and Davidson, NC.