What do you see when you look at your smile? If you have teeth that are severely decayed or broken, tooth removal might be the right decision. Dr. Dennis Coleman salvages teeth whenever possible with restorative dentistry, but some patients are better off with tooth extraction and replacement.
First, Dr. Coleman will administer a thorough exam. We will only recommend a tooth removal if it is vital to the wellbeing of the rest of your smile. Before we begin the tooth extraction process, we are going to discuss two important things with you.
- Your Comfort: What do you need to feel at ease? Local anesthesia will keep you pain-free while you have your tooth pulled. We will also discuss patient amenities, entertainment options, and sedation dentistry techniques could be used to improve your experience.
- Replacement Options: Let’s make a plan for replacing the tooth after the tooth removal. It’s important to replace the tooth promptly to prevent the other teeth from shifting and changing to accommodate the new gap. We will help you decide which custom-made restoration will be best for you.
Dr. Coleman creates a soothing dental environment and uses a gentle touch. We believe you can have a great experience with our caring staff, even if you need a tooth pulled!
What should I Expect?
Many patients want to know how to mentally prepare for their tooth extraction. Here’s what you can expect from the tooth removal process.
- Dr. Coleman will numb the tooth, jawbone, and gums with a safe local anesthetic.
- He will rock the tooth back and forth. You will feel pressure but should not feel any pain.
- Some teeth may require sectioning before removal, which involves carefully separating the tooth into pieces.
- Once the socket is wide enough or the tooth is separated, Dr. Coleman will gently remove the tooth with a special tool.
The anesthetic will numb the nerves to the extent that there should be no transference of pain. After you have your tooth pulled, Dr. Coleman will provide you with home instructions to keep your mouth healthy. You will return to our office after healing for the placement of a new tooth.
Think you Need a Tooth Extraction?
If you’re near Huntersville or Cornelius and in need of a tooth extraction, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Coleman at Dennis J Coleman DDS – Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Davidson, NC. Let’s end tooth pain and get your smile back to full health!